Photography Tours India - Uttarakhand
With soaring Himalayan peaks and steamy lowland jungles, Uttarakhand is one of the premier trekking regions for photography tours in India. With twisting roads the dramatic terrain leads to high altitude trekking trails that lead to some of the most sacred pilgrimage sites in India. Hindus think of Uttarakhand as Dev Bhoomi – The Land of the Gods and even the most agnostic person can sense the sacredness of this place.
With many revered temples and famous for its ashrams and the home of Yoga with the sacred river Ganges flowing through many people flock here for the spiritual vibe or to participate in spiritual practice.
- The Valley of the Flowers – An incredible valley filled with a panorama of flowers with a backdrop of Himalayan peaks.
- Blue Poppies and Sacred Lotus – these rare flowers are not often seen but common in this region.
- Hemkund Sahib – A beautiful holy shrine located on the banks of a glacial lake in the Himalayas.
- Badrinath Temple – one of the most important Hindu pilgrimage sites in India.
- Kedarnath – an important Hindu pilgrimage site set in the most incredible location in the Himalayas, filled with sadhu’s (holy men) and with over 200 shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Rishikesh – the home of yoga located on the river Ganges.
- Ganga Aarti at Haridwar and Rishikesh – the ceremony performed on the Ganges where small candles and flowers are floated down the river at dusk.